By popular demand the deadline has been extended for the AIPH International Grower of the Year (IGOTY) Awards 2022. Growers of ornamentals worldwide now have until Sunday 31st October 2021 to enter.
The awards are organised by the International Association of Horticultural Producers (AIPH) in partnership with FloraCulture International (FCI) and headline sponsor Royal FloraHolland. The award ceremony will be held on 25 January 2022, at the Atlantic Hotel, alongside IPM Essen in Germany, the industry’s largest international trade fair.*
Established in 2009, the awards celebrate best practice and recognise the ‘best of the best’ in ornamentals production. The five categories are:
- Finished plants and trees – plants and trees ready for final sale.
- Young plants – cuttings, plugs, liners, seedlings, etc, sold for growing on.
- Cut flowers and bulbs – flowers and foliage cut for indoor decorative use and bulbs.
- Sustainability – best practice and innovation in improving sustainability.
- Inspiring business – small businesses (less than ten employees) that demonstrate unique qualities and innovation.
Within each category bronze, silver and gold awards can be won. From among these categories, only one winner will be crowned the ‘AIPH International Grower of the Year 2022’ and receive the ‘Gold Rose’ – the industry’s most coveted prize.
Candidates can enter the IGOTY Awards 2022 online. Judging will then take place by a panel of industry experts who will assess the entrants on five key criteria; economic performance, innovation, market insight, sustainability and human resources policy. From the entries a shortlist will be selected.
All winners will be announced at the IGOTY Awards ceremony in Essen in January; an event that brings together the industry for an evening of celebration.
*Subject to COVID restrictions at time of event
Thank you to Headline sponsor Royal FloraHolland, Sapphire sponsor Expo 2021 Hatay, founding partner FloraCulture International, and awards partners CIOPORA and World Horti Center.