Thirty leading plants and flowers industry figures from seventeen countries and regions have joined the speaker line up to make the AIPH conference, ‘Recovery from Crisis – the future for ornamentals’, the must-attend event for the industry in 2020.
The International Association of Horticultural Producers (AIPH) has created a unique virtual online event that will take place on 15 September 2020 right in the comfort of your own home or office, utilising state-of-the-art 3D virtual conferencing technology.
Strong sponsorship support from Royal FloraHolland, PERA, Expo 2021 Hatay, Visser Horti Systems and LVG Plants has meant that the registration fee is only 55 GBP for the event.
Recently confirmed speakers and panellists include:
• Ms Emma Coupe – Horticulture Trading Manager for Marks & Spencer, UK
• Mr Vadim Bogdanov – CEO of Potted
• Mr John Simko – President of Sunshine Bouquet Company/Esmerelda Group, USA
• Mr Kiki Fernandes and Mr Clement Tulezi – President and CEO of Kenya Flower Council
• Ms Eva Dahlqvist – Commercial Director of Van Dijk Flora, the Netherlands
• Mr Abe van Wingerden – Co-CEO of Metrolina Greenhouses, USA
• Mr Paul Vonk – President Elect of South African Nursery Association
• Mr Mattijs Bodegom – Head of Marketing & Comms at Anthura, the Netherlands
• Mr Josh McBain – Consultancy Director at Foresight Factory, UK
The event starts at 8:00 am CEST with an introductory session on crisis management for the whole industry.
Following on in the programme will be a focus on the cut flower industry, with the afternoon focusing on ornamental plants and trees.
The conference will be in English and delegates will need to complete registration by 7 September 2020 to secure a place and to set up their digital avatar profiles for the event.
Commenting on the run-up to the event AIPH Secretary General, Tim Briercliffe, said “This year has given us the opportunity to create this unique event that truly brings together the leaders of the ornamentals industry and the low ticket price makes the event accessible to everyone. Join us to be part of shaping our industry for the future.”
Supporting partners for the event are CIOPORA, Fleuroselect and Florint and media partners are FloraCulture International (FCI), China Flowers & Horticulture (China), Commercial Horticulture (New Zealand), Ecuador y sus Flores (Ecuador), Grower Talks (USA), Gulf Agriculture (United Arab Emirates), Horticulture Week (UK), Il Floricultore (Italy) and Pod Osłonami (Poland).
To view the full programme, for more information and to register, visit www.aiph.org/conference-2020