The AIPH 2022 International Green City Conference on 8 March in the Media Centre of Expo Dubai 2020, UAE, from 3pm (GST), will promote the essential role of plants in creating vibrant urban areas in which people and businesses can thrive.
The International Association of Horticultural Producers, AIPH, is the world’s Champion for the Power of Plants. We use knowledge exchange, advocacy, and networking to increase the quality and quantity of living green in urban spaces through our Green City programme, motivating the multifunctional benefits that this delivers to people and the planet.
This conference will be about how we can deliver local action to pursue global green living. It will inspire people, organisations, city councils and government administrations to join this challenging movement and lead global thinking on successfully integrating nature into the built environment.
High profile speakers will present the activities and programmes that cities and countries are making to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals and other global initiatives (such as the Paris Agreement), with a specific focus on the contribution that ‘living green’ makes to meeting the stated objectives.
We are grateful to our headline sponsors Expo 2023 Doha Qatar, Expo 2021 Hatay and 2023 Suncheonman International Garden Expo; Gold sponsor PERA Event Solutions and Bronze sponsor Mosimann’s.
AIPH 2022 Green City Conference programme.
At the AIPH 2022 Green City Conference, you will hear about global innovations and how our World Horticultural Expos will positively benefit the message of worldwide conservation and will practically support the host city’s ecosystem and urban development for the future.
- Welcome and introduction by Mr Bill Hardy, Chair of the AIPH Green City Committee, Canada
- Presentation by Expo 2023 Doha Qatar, with the theme of Greening the Desert
- Presentation by Mr Maher Nasser, Director of the Outreach Division for the Department of Global Communications, UN
- Presentation by Mr Ng Lye Hock, Larry, Commissioner General of the Singapore Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai
- Presentation by Mr Pablo Arturo Lopez Guijosa, Head of Communications at UBHub, Mexico – The relationship between global biodiversity conservation targets and local biodiversity plans
- Presentation by Suncheonman International Garden Expo 2023, with the theme Garden of the Earth
- Presentation by Mr Tim Briercliffe, AIPH Secretary General, UK – Stimulating Greener Cities with International Horticultural Expos
- Presentation by Mr Alan White, Chair of the Climate Change Adaptation Committee, Canadian Nursery Landscape Association – Connecting Plants and People for a Greener, Healthier, Urban Climate
- Mayor Mr Lütfü Savaş, a presentation from Expo 2021 Hatay, Turkey
- Conference wrap up by Dr Audrey Timm, AIPH Technical Advisor, UK
For more information, visit https://aiph.org/event/aiph-green-city-conference/
AIPH Spring Meeting 2022
The AIPH 2022 International Green City Conference is part of the AIPH Spring Meeting, held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Dubai, UAE, from 6-10 March.