By popular demand the deadline has been extended for the AIPH International Grower of the Year Awards (IGOTY) 2019. Growers of ornamentals worldwide now have until midnight (GMT) on Monday 13 August 2018 to enter.
Sponsored by Headline Partner, Royal Flora Holland, the event is taking place at the IPM fairground on Tuesday 22 January 2019 in Essen, Germany, alongside IPM Essen 2019.
Known as the Oscars for plants, the awards recognise best practice in horticultural production by the top ornamental production nurseries from around the globe.
Growers are reminded that its free to enter, with a simple online application process.
The categories are:
- FINISHED PLANTS AND TREES – Plants and trees ready for final sale.
- YOUNG PLANTS – Cuttings, plugs, liners, seedlings, etc, sold for growing on.
- CUT FLOWERS AND BULBS – Flowers and foliage cut for indoor decorative use and bulbs.
- SUSTAINABILITY AWARD – Best practice and innovation in improving sustainability.
- INSPIRING BUSINESS AWARD – Small businesses (less than ten employees) that demonstrate unique qualities and innovation.
2018 saw nine finalists from five countries make it through to the awards gala dinner, representing Canada, China, Columbia, Ethiopia, Israel and the Netherlands, with Ter Laak Orchids – The Netherlands taking home the title of International Grower of the Year 2018.
Entry forms must be submitted by Monday 13 August 2018 – visit www.aiph.org/groweroftheyear